Creating a Culture of Safety that places the health and well-being of athletes at the center of the experience is a collectively shared responsibility, extending beyond healthcare personnel. Athletes, coaches, parents, administrators and officials should possess a fundamental awareness of common health and safety knowledge.
Tailor your organization’s educational experience to meet its specific requirements by choosing from our range of education levels designed for both coaches and parents. To help you kickstart your journey towards health and safety, we are offering two (2) complimentary courses for coaches and two (2) complimentary courses for parents.
To access these courses, simply sign up at www.athleticshealthspace.com and follow the instructions provided at the bottom of this page. Each course delivers an in-depth introduction to the topic, meticulously crafted by our athletics healthcare experts and tailored for individuals without medical backgrounds. These courses have been exclusively selected for the NCYS community.
Complimentary courses for coaches
- Concussion in Youth & High School Sports
- Sexual Abuse & Misconduct in Sport
Complimentary courses for parents
- How to be an Advocate for your Child’s Healthcare
Discounted course packages have been negotiated including:
Coach – Level 1 ($10 per person)
- Emergency Action Plan Development
- Collapse in Athletes for Non-Healthcare Personnel
- Environmental Monitoring & Safety
- Mental Health in Sport for Coaches & Support Staff
Coach – Level 2 ($10)
- Exertional Heat Illness & Prevention
- Cervical Spine Injuries & Management
- Implicit Bias
- Trauma-Sensitive Coaching Practices
Coach – Level 3 ($10)
- Bullying, Cyberbullying & Hazing in Sport
- Resilience & Grit
- Religious Inclusive Practices & Accommodations in Sports
- Cardiac Issues & Sudden Cardiac Arrest in Sport
Parent – Level 1 ($10)
- Basic Injuries and Conditions in Sports
- Mental Health in Sport for Youth Athletes & Their Parents
- Dietary Supplements & Performance Enhancing Drugs
- Nutrition & Hydration
Parent – Level 2 ($10)
- Youth Overuse Injuries
- Stress Fractures & Bone Health
- Overtraining in Sport
Parent – Level 3 ($10)
- Physical Recovery Techniques
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Accessibility
- Recognition of Tobacco, Drug & Alcohol Abuse
- Illness & Infection in Sport
Mental Health & Wellness – Level 1 ($10)
- Mental Health Emergency Action Plans
- Mental Health & the Injured Athlete
- Managing Relationships
- Social Media & Mental Health
Mental Health & Wellness – Level 2 ($10)
- Mental Recovery Techniques
TO ACCESS PROGRAMS DESIGNED FOR YOU:
- Go to: athleticshealthspace.com
- Select: “Create a new account with Program Code.”
- Accept copyright policy.
- Enter your new account information and the following:
- Enter program code: NCYS
- Role 1: Select your Role
- Role 2: Type in your Organization’s Name
- Check your email: Follow the prompts to confirm your account from your email. In the confirmation email, click on the login link. Once in Athletics Healthspace, you will find the above-featured programs on your dashboard.
- Select your desired programs, add them to your cart, and checkout!
If you’re is interested in learning more about NCYS-sponsored group discounts, please contact email@example.com. To learn more about USCAH’s Emergency Preparedness/Risk Management Organizational Assessment Tool with report & resource recommendations and/or the Emergency Action Plan (EAP) Development Tool, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
“USA Baseball is excited to renew its partnership with USCAH to continue enhancing its safety and education resources offered to all members of the baseball community. This partnership provides valuable additions to our continuous efforts to inform, protect, and empower athletes, coaches, and parents to enjoy the game in the safest ways possible. We look forward to continuing our collaboration to strengthen the development of the game at the grassroots level.”
– Lauren Rhyne, Senior Director of Athlete Safety and Education